Asia’s newest sports prototype series, the FRD LMP3 series, have confirmed their organizing committee and key officials for the 2017 season, bringing together an eclectic blend of experience and knowledge from inside and outside the sports car world.
The organizing committee responsible for the direction and operation of the series are:
* Kenneth Ma, Formula Racing Development Limited Founder and Director;
* Jean-Michel Pialot, who will act as Technical Delegate for the FRD LMP3 Series in addition to his duties with the Asian Le Mans Series;
* Stewart Tan, General Manager of the Zhuhai International Circuit; and
* Shane Rogers, Series Manager of the FRD LMP3 Series and Asian Formula Renault Series.
The officials appointed to the series will be:
* Arnaud Vercauteren, Experienced international official, will lead the Stewards Panel as Chief Steward.
* Jaije Wong and Josephine Lei, Macau Grand Prix and Formula E stewards, will join Mr Vercauteren on the stewards panel.
* Mario Sin, experienced international steward, race director, and Macau Grand Prix Organizing Committee member, will act as the series Race Director.
Kenneth Ma: “It is vitally important in any racing series to have the right people at the top, but it is especially vital for a new series. Putting in a mix of people with vast experience puts us in a good position to develop a premium experience, and that’s what we intend to do with the FRD LMP3 Series.”
Shane Rogers, Series Manager: “Starting the FRD LMP3 series from scratch, and delivering a great experience for all our stakeholders requires a great amount of skill, experience and enthusiasm. This team of people meets all those criteria. From a series point of view I’m very happy with the team that Kenneth (Ma) has been able to put together, and confident that they can put together a series that lives up to the LMP3 standard.”
The first round of the FRD LMP3 Series will christen the new Zhejiang International Circuit on 27-28 May, with a second visit on 1-2 July. The series will then make two stops at Shanghai on 29-30 July and 26-27 August, before completing the inaugural season on 16-17 September at Zhuhai International Circuit.